Saturday, June 10, 2017

Interview with Jamie Richmond

Melissa, the boss at Inkspell Publishing, who is extremely smart and talented (which is why she picked up the Jamie Richmond mystery series) encourages her authors to try different methods to engage the readers with our characters. So I decided it was high time to share some details about Jamie, my favorite fictional redhead.  Melissa developed the questions.  My challenge was answering them while keeping a straight face. The focus is on "Devious" the first book in the series. There are even a few pictures of what Jamie could look like.




1. What was your first impression of your writer?  He’s a bit of a smart ass. Of course, so am I. But he thinks he knows everything.  It’s always a laugh when I do something totally unexpected and take his story in a completely different direction.

2. How did you and the hero/heroine meet?   Malone was the sergeant in charge of the state police troopers who were about to go on patrol. I’d managed to do a ride-along with a trooper for research for my next book. It wasn’t love at first sight, but it certainly got my attention.

3.  What is your greatest strength? Greatest weakness?  How have they shaped your life?
Greatest strength would be my stubbornness. Although some people might call that resilience. Once I’ve made my mind up on something, I’m determined to see it through to the end.  My greatest weakness is my lack of self-confidence when it comes to dating and relationships.  My stubbornness has actually ended a few romances, but I’m beginning to think those wouldn’t have worked out anyway.  But Malone seems to be okay with it.

4. What first drew you to your hero/heroine? Malone’s a quiet guy with a good sense of humor. And he’s got these cobalt blue eyes that always pull me in. Sometimes I just forget about everything else when he’s around.

5.  If you could be in any profession, what would you do and why? That’s a tough one. I enjoy being a writer but lately I’m the one solving a real life mystery instead of just writing fiction. Maybe I’d be part of a team of investigative reporters, digging into the facts, coming up with leads, chasing down the bad guys.  

6.  So, in your story, what was the most memorable moment for you?  Figuring out who was behind the shooting and how to prove it was very memorable.

7.  What do you do for fun? I have a small circle of friends. Whenever we get together, we always have a great time.

8. Would you like for your writer to create a sequel for you?  Why or why not? Well, so far he’s done two sequels (Vanishing Act and Fleeing Beauty) and I’ve got a lot of ideas for some other adventures.  He has been grumbling about doing some short stories that predate my first story, something he calls a prequel. Like I said, I’ve got the ideas. I just need him to listen.

9.  What do you do for a living?  I was a newspaper reporter before turning my attention to becoming an author and writing mysteries. Writing comes naturally to me.

10.  What is your greatest fear? That I’ll wake up one day and discover that this new romance with Malone was nothing but a flight of fantasy.

11.  What do you wear when you go to sleep? (Laughs) Well, that depends on if I’m sleeping alone or not.  Winter time it’s flannel jammies. Summer time I sleep in the raw. If Malone’s around, I tend to end up naked pretty quickly.

12.  What is your most prized possession?  That would be a pair of dangling jade earrings and a matching pendant my mother gave me when I turned sixteen. She swears the color perfectly matches my eyes. I only wear them on special occasions.

14.  What do you think your greatest weakness is? My greatest weakness is my lack of self-confidence when it comes to dating and relationships.
 
15.  What do you think is your strongest attribute? My intelligence. I’m pretty sharp and have always paid attention to details.

16.  What are you proudest of? That I can be successful on my own.

17.  What is most attractive to you about the opposite sex?  A sense of self, with a little spark of humor. Of course, a nice smile works too.

18.  What trait or characteristic do you most dislike about the opposite sex? Braggarts. I guess there’s a fine line between self-confident and thinking the world revolves around you.

19.  What’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy afternoon?  Curl up on the sofa with a good book or Malone. Listen to the rain beat against the windows and enjoy Mother Nature’s display.

20.  What’s your favorite animal? Dogs.  I like a big dog, like a golden retriever.

21.  Have you ever thought about getting a tattoo, what would it be and where? (Laughs) I’m not much into body art. But since I’m Irish, maybe a little four leaf clover would be appropriate. I’d probably get it on my butt.  (More laughter) You can take it from there.




 
 Somehow this tune always come to mind when thinking about Jamie.

No comments: