Friday, April 21, 2023

Podcasts!

 

                


        One of my old mentors had a favorite expression. “Sometimes you’re good, sometimes you’re lucky, and sometimes, it’s a little bit of both”.   That’s always stuck with me.

          So maybe it’s a combination of being lucky and good that’s brought me this far with writing my stories.  But one of things that’s been a pleasant surprise is doing podcasts.

          Over the years, I’ve done a few of these, hoping to connect with different audiences and share some of my stories. Most were interviews, where you talked about the craft of writing, gave a little synopsis of your latest book and where people could find it.  Those were good, but they were lacking in anything that could really hook a reader.

          That’s what is so different from Diana K. Plopa’s “Indie Reads Aloud” program.  Diana does a brief intro, a little background on the author, then lets us read selected scenes from our books.



          I first met Diana at a book festival a long time back. She’s also an  author, editor, and promoter extraordinaire. We hit it off and have been friends ever since.  When she decided to start the Indie Reads Aloud program, I was one of the earliest guests.  The interest in her shows continues to grow.

          My fifth visit was released today.  You can now hear me read scenes from Stealing Haven, Devious and Vanishing Act from the Jamie Richmond series, along with The Wayward Path and Why 319 from the Jefferson Chene series. You can find links to each of those programs on the right-hand column on the blog.

          Listening to these podcasts allows you to sample a bit of the story. Then you can decide if what you hear appeals to you.

          We have such a great time doing these recordings that Diana has invited me back to read the rest of the books in the catalogue.

          Am I that good, or that lucky?  Or maybe, it’s a little bit of both. I’ll let you decide.

 


No comments: