Sunday, March 19, 2017

3 19



Today is March 19 or as I like to call it 3-19.  While it’s not as memorable as St. Patrick’s Day or April Fool’s Day, it has a particular significance to me.  That’s because 3-19 ties into the title and story of one of novels, “Why 319?”  

This story, like most of mine, takes place in metropolitan Detroit.  There are three large counties that are part of that area, Wayne, Oakland and Macomb.  The story describes a serial killer, whose victims are found in room 319 of different motels, one in each of the counties.  The only clue is the message “Why 319?” written in the victim’s lipstick on the bathroom mirror. It's a taunt to the cops, a riddle without a clue.

This book was originally released a couple of years ago by a small publisher. When the contract was up, they opted not to renew it.  After some research, I found a new home for it with Wild Rose Press.  Working with a new set of editors brought fresh eyes to the manuscript and we spent a lot of time polishing it, making the story even better.  Now it’s hurry-up-and-wait-time, until we get a date for publication.  Soon.  I hope it's soon.

But I couldn’t pass up the day without doing something. So in recognition of the date, I opted to offer a discount on “Devious” the first book in the Jamie Richmond mystery series.  The e-book version is now available at B&N, Kobo and Amazon for just ninety-nine cents. That’s right. 99 cents.  So check it out and get to know my favorite redhead.   And when 3-19 is released, I’ll make sure to tell the world.




No comments: