Sunday, March 19, 2017

Let's Rock




Music is a big part of my life. I like many different types of music, from classical to classic rock, jazz and blues, to some of the big band era’s greatest performers. Instrumental music with just guitars or piano counts in there as well. I’ve never gotten into country or rap, but a few of those songs crossover into the mainstream and have caught my attention as well.

So I was saddened to hear that one of rock and roll’s greats passed away.  Chuck Berry’s songwriting and guitar skills are legendary. Berry was the inspiration to many successful artists, including Bruce Springsteen, The Beatles, Bob Seger, and The Rolling Stones just to name a few.

When I’m writing, music is always with me. Sometimes I’ll choose the genre to set the tempo for the scene I’m working on.  Hard driving rock is good for fast paces scenes.  Sinatra, Dean Martin and Nat King Cole work well with slower, romantic moments.  Chuck Berry is perfect for injecting humor and lightening the mood when the situations are tense.  He was a true showman, enjoying life, drawing his audience in.  He was still performing in his eighties. Yes, Chuck Berry is gone. But his music, like other greats before him, will live on.  

Rest in peace, Chuck Berry.  Thanks for all the great music.





No comments: